Monday, August 3, 2009

She Travels!

She's Home!!!
I've decided to tell you about my trip one day at a time. Too much to say at once.


My girlfriends picked me up at 10 am and off we went. 3 Sanguines and a Phlegmatic make for a lively trip...at least 3 of us were loud! The trip was perfect, no problems! We loved the surprise text from Skyler letting us know that Mr. G was arriving the next day. We all did a "Praise Jesus" Happy dance in our seats!
Lots of potty stops and lunch at Zaxby's. Yum!

We arrived and threw our luggage on a Dolley and then realized how pitiful we all were...we over packed just a bit.


Our hotel room was magnificent. It was as big as my entire downstairs...a 2 bedroom suite. Mmmm...my own comfy bed. First order of business was to set up the coffee maker and then off to dinner at the Rocky River Grille in the hotel. Here is where the first "issue" with Jodi's food began. I had read that this placed had incredible mac'n cheese so decided to try that with my dinner. My dinner arrived and the mac looked yummy! I was excited. I took a bite and I guess I made a face that said, "What the heck is in this?" I couldn't quite place the odd taste, but they definitely didn't make it like Aaron makes it. I tried one more little bite to find it FILLED WITH ONIONS! Yuck!!! God blessed the women I was with by not letting me puke in front of them, but it was close. My side of coleslaw was HOT...gross! The food took a long time to arrive so they gave us free chocolate cake. At least that was delicious! Make note...a trend in bad food just started.
Leaving dinner I ran into one of my favorite people, Amy Carroll. She is a P31 speaker and was my evaluator last year. She is also my mentor when it comes to speaking. I love her to pieces. It was great to see her right from the start and we enjoyed some time together the night before the conference started.
We headed back to the room and Christie and I read through our teachings to Kim and Denise who were not being evaluated as speakers. Then off to bed to get ready for that 6 am alarm.
She Sleeps!

2 comments:

Wendy Blight said...

So fun to have you stop by my blog. Thanks for you encouraging words. I SO enjoyed getting to know you this weekend. You truly are gifted!!!

It was fun to read your post about She Speaks. Hard to believe it is over. Such a blessed and powerful weekend.

Keep me posted on your speaking!

Blessings,

Wendy

Lynn said...

Now who in their right mind would put onions in mac n' cheese? So glad you're back. Love you!! ~Lynn