Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Word, prayer, The Women's League and Lynn!

You know, after I wrote my 101 things that I am thankful for I realized how many things or people I left off...like Lynn! How could I leave you off? My first friend at Cobb Vineyard. Oh I am such a moron. Well I am not going to list 1001 things I am thankful for, but I wanted to take a moment and tell you why I am thankful for The Women's League, Inc. Last night I had the incredible privelege of speaking at Roswell Street Baptist Church as I introduced their church to The Women's League (TWL). This was an incredible honor for me, to be entrusted with such a responsibility.

I shared with the women how we introduced TWL to Cobb Vineyard and how it started with the most important words that someone ever spoke to me while I was in Women's Ministry. At an event pre Cobb Vineyard Women's League, Ruby Berry said to me, "LISTEN GIRL, IF YOU ARE NOT ENCOURAGING THE WOMEN OF YOUR CHURCH TO BE IN THE WORD AND PRAYER DAILY, THEN YOU ARE DOING THEM A GREAT DISSERVICE." That was like getting a spanking from your mama! Ouch! But it was true. I told the women last night (I really didn't want to say it, but I did...), "How could I be encouraging my women to be in the Word and Prayer daily if I wasn't doing it myself?" I wasn't...you would think that the Director of Women's Ministry would be , but I wasn't.

I am thankful for TWL because through this ministry I have established a habit that is as constant that the 2 cups of coffee I relish every morning. It is not just a habit, it is a passion. I look at where I am now and where I was then. I do believe that if I had not made the commitment to be in the Word and prayer daily, I wouldn't be the speaker that I am now. I wouldn't have been given the privelege by God to speak His truths to others. When we are obedient to what He asks of us, then God opens up new doors that He can trust us to walk through.

I am so thankful for TWL. I have a passion for the Word and a hunger to hear from my Father everyday. I wake up everyday on empty. But I fill up at His feet before I drive off full for the day!

If you aren't in a Bible study and would like to be, check out the Women's League website and get plugged into a Bible Study in your area!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Ohh ...Thats good Jodi!I am keeping an eye on your blog you are very inspirational!I am also just getting plugged in good at our church so if a woman speaker is needed You will be on the list!We go to www.oursaviorschurch.com

Lynn said...

You're so kind, my friend, and not a moron. I love you so much.