Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

My dad and little Wyatt having a jam session!
Chad and Levi
"Happy Father's Day" rang out each time a child walked down the stairs this morning! What sweet words...they just love their daddy. For 16 years, those words have tickled Chad's ears...even if his babies were too little to say them! Tahd was 1 month old on Chad's first Father's Day...now he's 15!
These words never echoed the halls of my childhood...not because we didn't have a Dad, but because our religion didn't let us celebrate it. What a shame, because my dad is worth celebrating!

I sat in church today and heard a sermon about how we shouldn't judge our heavenly Father by our earthly one. My pastor said HE is bigger and better than the best dad of the year! HE is always ready to welcome any child into His big arms. This put a picture in my head of my dad that only came to reside there recently.

Three years ago as we went home to celebrate my parents 50th Anniversary, my mom let a few skeletons out of her closet. She told me that my older sister, age 51, wasn't my dad's actual daughter. She told me how her real dad left my mom when she became pregnant. When my dad returned from the military and found her pregnant, he could have left my mom. But he chose to be there and raise this little fatherless girl as his own. WE NEVER KNEW! He never treated her different or loved any of us more. WOW! What a dad! He needs that Father of the Year award!

So here's to you daddy! I have never been so proud to call you my dad as I have been these past few years! I pray you come to know the same Heavenly Father I know! Happy Father's Day!

Signed,
Your Little Pumpkin
PS Happy Father's Day Chad! There could never be a better dad than you for Tahd, Kelsey, Levi and Wyatt!













1 comment:

Mama Sky said...

I love to read blogs!!! And now I'm super excited about yours. Way to go Jodi!
PS: my stepdaddy calls me his lil' punkin' too!!!