Wednesday, February 25, 2009

LET THEM EAT CAKE!!!!!





I haven't really gotten this adding pictures to my blog thing down, so this page will be all screwed up. But I wanted to show you some of my favorite birthday cakes that I have made my kids over the past few years. Wyatt had his 5th birthday party on Sunday and it was a blast. He wanted a "Hockey party." So we set up a rink in the neighbors driveway and he played hockey with all his buddies.





This party gave me the challenge of creating the perfect cake for my little man. I knew immediately what I would do...flat cake with white frosting...hockey rink. But that is too easy for me. I wanted a challenge to rise to, so I decided to add fans and a player. I took pictures of some of Wyatt's favorite people cheering and then laminated them, then put them behind the rink. The rink walls were made of cardboard and advertisements that the kids added.


In the past I have made pig cupcakes, Batman cakes, Spiderman cakes, a dragon cake, ice cream cakes, and an Ipod cake.








This was a cake from Tahd's survivor party! THe next cake is Kelsey's 12th birthday cake and the other is Levi's 6th Galactic Heroes Star Wars party cake. Then we have Wyatt's 2nd which was individual Sesame Street character cupcakes. His 1st birthday party cake was the cutest...the caterpillar from Baby Einstein! Too cute!




Nothing brings me more joy than to make cakes for my kids. It has become an Adams tradition and my kids look forward to the surprise of their special cake. I look forward to the day before the party when I devote the entire morning to the making of the cake. It is truly on of my favorite things in life.




1 comment:

Kara said...

He Jodi, Jen's friend here. I was wondering if you have any interest in speaking at a high school FCA. Let me know. We have no money, but we have great students. karaleighsutton@bellsouth.net