Saturday, July 25, 2009

PRESSING IN!

Distractions are really hard for this Sanguine, people lovin', wanna have fun all the time but I can't because I have to get down to business kind of girl! I am midstream preparing for 2 evaluations at "She Speaks," a 2 hour teaching for our WILD Workshop on August 15th and 4 Kickoffs all in a row at the end of August. It excites me to be used by God in this way, I just wish all the other junk would just float away.
When the final 'straw that broke the camels back" distraction reared its head the other day, I found myself crying out to God in frustration, but I gave it to Him. He reminded me that this was no shock to Him, He was in control and He would move it if He needed to. Now what is my part in this equation? Distractions are here and they will continue, but I have a job to do, prepare teachings.
I need to press into my God now stronger than ever. I visualized myself pressing into His body like a child who has fallen asleep in His parent's arms. I want to leave a visual indent in Him that will cause Him to be indented into me. I need Him more than ever.
I felt like yesterday He told me to begin writing out my Kickoff teaching with the info that I have been gathering since February. I came up with a lot of buts as to why I couldn't start on that day, but I was obedient and sat at my computer and began. A few moments later, I received this email from one of the churches that I will speak at for kickoff:

Today please pray for our Kickoff speaker, Jodianne Adams, as she prepares her message--that the LORD will give her direction and clarity for His message to us, and protect her time to work on it; also boldness to speak the Truth in Love.

"She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue." (Prov. 31:26)

"Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes...." (Prov. 3:5-6)

"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel...." (Eph. 6:19)

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name, make known among the nations what He has done, and proclaim that His Name is exalted... Let this be known to all the world!" Is. 12:4,5)

Thank you, bless you!

(Getting rooted, growing stronger)

Whoa! How awesome!

So here I go, I pressing in!

No comments: