Friday, June 12, 2009

The Vacation with Jesus and ducks!






It's been a good week...great week...it's been WONDERFUL! I had great plans for this VACATION week. The kids were all attending VBS in one way or the other. I was going to have a morning stay cation at home all to myself.


So this was my week....


Sunday...visitors arrived...3 of them.



Larry, Darryl, and Darryl are Marlie's latest rescue babies. We watched them while they went on a vacation. They were a lot of fun. We enjoyed taking them to the pond, the creek, the garden. The dogs and cats were quite intrigued.



Aren't they adorable?

Monday...VBS...Mom's stay cation begins! Hooray...I cleaned my room. How relaxing! I can't wait for all the fun that awaits me tomorrow.

Tuesday...sick kid at home along with Wyatt who wouldn't attend VBS without the sick kid! No fun!


Wednesday...sick kid not going back...there goes my breakfast date with Chad. Lazy day at home. But as I sat and soaked up the day, God spoke to me and gave me my 3-minute testimony for She Speaks. I was so excited! I wrote it, read it out loud and guess what?...it was 3 minutes on the dot! Great day!




Thursday...BEST DAY EVER! Coffee with my favorite lady, Ruby. She is amazing and I love her to pieces. Our meeting was cut short so we decided to meet again for lunch. In the mean time, guess what my little Wyatt was doing? GIVING HIS LIFE TO JESUS, THAT'S WHAT!
Woo hoo! I told you a while ago that he has been big on the God questions. Daily he has a new question or observation about God and what He means to Wyatt. I have prayed for this week for Wyatt especially. It's not that I have been praying for my 5-year-old to get saved. It is a big step, not to be taken lightly and he is 5. Don't take me wrong, I'm thrilled. But I never wanted to push him. It would happen in time. My prayer was that Wyatt would feel comfortable being at VBS which would lead to him wanting to venture into Sunday School on Sundays. He has only been in Sunday School once and that was enough. I have prayed for his fears to go and bravery to take its place. Out of that prayer came bravery to stay in VBS even when Kelsey wasn't coming back to stay with him and bravery to declare that he wanted Jesus to live in him. HUGE steps for a little guy. I see a difference in him already. Jesus is in Him and I see his confidence growing every second. You never know...he may just start Sunday School.



Through The Women's League, I was able to purchase the Podcast equipment to start recording our podcasts! Hooray! They will start in August! I am so excited to start this ministry leg of TWL along with the Speakers Bureau. It is my passion! I can't wait to start recording.




Friday...the ducks went home...VBS ended...and we are packing up to leave on a real vacation with my favorite family, The Curtis.' Good times! See you when we get back.









No comments: